Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Trouble with Bloggles


Here’s the trouble with blogs.  You can’t show people your expression, or even that you are typing away with tongue firmly implanted inside cheek.  So when people read a rant such as the one I posted earlier today, they might get the impression that these experiences were annoying to me.  Not so. 

I thoroughly enjoyed learning about how not to expect prompt service in NYC restaurants.  We found it amusing after a while.  Sure, the first time or two, we wondered if we’d somehow miscommunicated our intentions with the waiter, but after we spent nearly two hours for the third time at the third restaurant simply trying to grab a “quick meal” in the midst of our sightseeing adventures, it just became, well, sort of funny.

And being jostled around in NYC is par for the course.  I’d almost be insulted if I wasn’t inadvertently pushed around, wedged between, and gregariously grappled by the gaggle – on the subways, sidewalks, streets, and especially in the midtown section of the City.  I wouldn’t have felt as though I fit right in – and that’s pretty much what seems to have happened here.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment