Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Room Key Idiot


Well, I knew I’d do it eventually.  Yep, locked myself out of my room.  The door automatically locks when you close it behind you, and you’re supposed to take your key with you everywhere you go – even to the bathroom.  My key was not on my keychain because I’d hooked it to my shower caddy earlier to take a shower, and forgot to transfer it back.  So anyway, I’d just gone out to pee – was in my silliest pajamas and bare feet – and as I returned I began to search through my keychain, suddenly realizing that, yes, I’m an idiot.  Had to go down to the first floor and tell security.  

Nice older Jewish man, thick Bronx accent, very talkative, informed me (perhaps good-naturedly chiding me?) how lucky I am that he’s here, and that he’d be up soon to let me in.  Color me embarrassed!  Anyway, he asked me where I was from and I told him Arizona, and he proceeded to tell me about his friend who just moved there and loves it, couldn’t remember what part, although I named the main cities for him but he kept shaking his head.  Said he’d look up the address and tell me later.  Talked my ear off even after he’d opened my door for me.  Love it!

1 comment:

  1. Getting lost or finding one's self in need is often the best way to meet new people. :) Good for you!

    ReplyDelete